You might have a great amount of emails in your Gmail or Google Apps account, and that will take Gmail Keeper a lot of time to run your backup job, and during the email backup process if your computer is put to sleep your backup might fail.
So how to solve this problem? Please download this Insomnia program from Microsoft, and run it when your email and label backup jobs are running, it will prevent your PC from going to sleep.
Review at lifehacker.com
There are 3 enhancements has been made to Gmail Keeper to make dealing Gmail/Apps accounts that have large amount of emails/labels easier.
- Duplicate backup profile settings. You can now duplicate an existing profile so that you don’t need to re-input information such as login info when setting up similar backup profiles.
- Show size info for each Gmail folders and Gmail labels. Now in the backup profile setup window you can see the total size of each Gmail folders/labels, with this size info being displayed you can easily to determine how to setup your Gmail backup profiles for an account with large amount of emails.
- The Gmail folder list and Gmail label list can now be enlarged. You can now enlarge the height of the backup profile setup window, as a result, the folder and label lists will be enlarged, this makes it easier to deal with large amount of labels.
What’s Gmail Keeper?
Gmail Keeper is a one-click email and label backup software for Gmail and Google apps accounts, with Gmail Keeper you can simply schedule your backup profiles and then forget about it. Creating local Gmail backup has never been easier.
Download free trial and Create your local Gmail backup today!
New screenshot for the Gmail backup profile settings window:
We have just added command line support to Gmail Keeper – our lightweight and easy Gmail and Google Apps email backup software, this means that you can now start a gmail backup from other programs, or schedule your gmail backup tasks with the system scheduler, or just create a batch file to call Gmail Keeper to start backup your backup profile set up for your Google Apps email account.
Command line options supported:
- “profile name”. The profile you want to start backup.
- /Q. Quit Gmail Keeper once the backup is completed successfully.
- /SILENT. Don’t show Gmail Keeper main window when starting the program.
While the above described command line switch are quite simple and easy, Gmail Keeper makes it even easier by allowing you to generate the command line with a helper window, try right click the desired backup profile and select ‘Generate Command Line’, a window look like the following one will appear, you can setup your options easily and Gmail Keeper will generate the command line for you.
Download the latest trial version here.
Paid customers can also download their full version, contact us if you don’t’ have the information needed.
Tagged: command line, system scheduler