There are 3 enhancements has been made to Gmail Keeper to make dealing Gmail/Apps accounts that have large amount of emails/labels easier.
- Duplicate backup profile settings. You can now duplicate an existing profile so that you don’t need to re-input information such as login info when setting up similar backup profiles.
- Show size info for each Gmail folders and Gmail labels. Now in the backup profile setup window you can see the total size of each Gmail folders/labels, with this size info being displayed you can easily to determine how to setup your Gmail backup profiles for an account with large amount of emails.
- The Gmail folder list and Gmail label list can now be enlarged. You can now enlarge the height of the backup profile setup window, as a result, the folder and label lists will be enlarged, this makes it easier to deal with large amount of labels.
What’s Gmail Keeper?
Gmail Keeper is a one-click email and label backup software for Gmail and Google apps accounts, with Gmail Keeper you can simply schedule your backup profiles and then forget about it. Creating local Gmail backup has never been easier.
Download free trial and Create your local Gmail backup today!
New screenshot for the Gmail backup profile settings window:
We have just added command line support to Gmail Keeper – our lightweight and easy Gmail and Google Apps email backup software, this means that you can now start a gmail backup from other programs, or schedule your gmail backup tasks with the system scheduler, or just create a batch file to call Gmail Keeper to start backup your backup profile set up for your Google Apps email account.
Command line options supported:
- “profile name”. The profile you want to start backup.
- /Q. Quit Gmail Keeper once the backup is completed successfully.
- /SILENT. Don’t show Gmail Keeper main window when starting the program.
While the above described command line switch are quite simple and easy, Gmail Keeper makes it even easier by allowing you to generate the command line with a helper window, try right click the desired backup profile and select ‘Generate Command Line’, a window look like the following one will appear, you can setup your options easily and Gmail Keeper will generate the command line for you.
Download the latest trial version here.
Paid customers can also download their full version, contact us if you don’t’ have the information needed.
Tagged: command line, system scheduler
Gmail Keeper v18.104.22.168 has been released with the following enhancements.
1. The restore function of Gmail Keeper has improved a lot:
- Restore is now incremental. That means if a restore is failed due to any Gmail server issue you can simply restart it without worrying about duplicated emails being uploaded again.
- Now you can restore backup data to an Gmail account that is in use, the limit of the previous versions has been removed.
- The read/unread status are now retained in the local backup archive and after restoring to a Gmail or Google Apps account. This makes Gmail Keeper a perfect tool for transferring emails from an ordinary Gmail account to a Google Apps account and the likes.
2. The backup operation is now more reliable because Gmail Keeper now checks free disk space before performing a backup, to avoid errors caused by not having enough disk space to store the Gmail backup data.
3. Gmail Keeper is now more flexible (configurable):
- Allow specifying the temp folder for the backup process. This option is extremely useful when the drive in where your system temporary folder is located does not have enough space for storing the temporary files during the backup process.
- Allow users to specify the number of email headers to download each time. Users can reduce this value to solve the problem that Gmail Keeper fails to download the email headers.
Download the latest trial version now! Paid users please contact us for the download link to the full version.
PS, We are looking for improvement ideas for the next version, anybody feel free to comment 🙂
Tagged: incremental Gmail restore